3M stands for Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing. It has been in existence since 1902. It uses the brand "Scotch," as in 'Scotch Tape,' among others.
Here are other products made by 3M:
- Post-it notes
- Command removable hooks
- Scotchguard coating to make fabrics stain resistant
- Safety goggles
- Filters, such as for cars or filtering water
- Ace bandages (Ace is part of 3M)
- Reflective stickers and reflective clothing
- Thinsulate, used in winter clothing such as gloves, jackets, slippers
- Nexcare bandages (Nexcare is part of 3M)
3M has locations around the world. Most countries have a 3M headquarters. Here are areas in which jobs are currently available:
- Manufacturing Technician
- as well as many Student Internships
Those with a technically-savvy background will do well in a career at 3M, with a background in Technology, Engineering, Sales, Law and Patent Law, and those with a creative and scientific mind.